Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Recently I came across some of these entries on different blogs that I read and enjoyed them. I checked out the blog that started it all to find out more. Apparently there's a group of women who all add these posts to their blogs every Monday, well I was too busy yesterday and missed out, but better late than never, right?




FOR TODAY July 15th, 2008...


Outside My Window... Sun reflecting off of the trees with droplets of water on them from one of the numerous Myrtle Beach summer afternoon thunderstorms.


I am thinking... Recapping a days work, mentally making my to do list for the evening, missing my husband, and excited to spend some time with him.


I am thankful for... The warm days of summer, weekend walks of the beach, lighter fresh seasonal food, coffee, and an amazing husband to enjoy it all with.


From the kitchen... Leftovers. Mackerel that Jeremy caught deep sea fishing that I baked with some simple seasonings (butter, lemon, cilantro, Cajun seasoning and fresh garlic), with butter beans and corn (Grandma Lou’s recipe). (Fortunately both of those are better the next day than the first!)


I am wearing... Black three-quarter sleeve v-neck dressy shirt, gray slacks and black flats… still in work clothes, soon to be work-out clothes.


I am creating... Birthday cards for friends and family with July and August birthdays. Our dining room table is buried under assorted colored papers, stamps, paper cutters, glues and other craft supplies.


I am going... No where, enjoying a nice evening at home of exercise, dinner, reading, and some conversation with my hubby.


I am reading... Ezekiel for church this week and Wisdom Hunter by Randal Arthur in all of my spare time.


I am hoping... For nice weather tomorrow, my mom and I are planning on an evening walk after work and I’m hoping we miss the frequent summer showers.


I am hearing... The air conditioning system turn on and off.


Around the house... Craft supplies taking up the entire dining room table, and scattered clothes that need to be picked up.


One of my favorite things... Yesterday was my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's 1 year anniversary... Congratulations Bryan and Meegan!!!!


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Walk with mom Wednesday evening, church Friday evening, morning coffee with the girls Saturday morning, and of course weekend walks on the beach.


Here is picture I am sharing...


(I figured since I mentioned that yesterday was Bryan and Meegan's anniversary that I should share a picture of them also. They are also expecting their first child, Blake Michael Mangerchine, on July 26... how exciting!)


(If anyone reading this adds a Simple Woman's Daybook post to your blog let me know so I can check it out)

Shannon

No comments: